Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

I am fortunate to have never fired a weapon in anger, or to have had someone fire one at me. Long time followers of this blog know that I have no fondness for either the war we foisted on the Iraqi people, nor on the men who worked so hard to start it.

That said, I do recognize that part of the reason that I can complain about the leadership of my country is because of the sacrifice in time, mental health, and lives of those who serve in our military. Sometimes those lives are wasted, sometimes they make an enormous difference. To everyone who has served, to everyone who has family who has served, and especially to all of those in the Service who have given their lives or lost people dear to them, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Dona Nobis Pacem

No comments: