Monday, July 20, 2009

Things I've Learned From My First Club Gig In 20 Years

  1. Bring a towel. If you're me, bring two.
  2. Bring an electric fan. Use it.
  3. Bring a plastic bottle you can drink water from. Drink a lot of water.
  4. Pace yourself. You aren't going to get far if you've shot your rock and roll bolt in the first 30 minutes.
  5. #4 isn't as critical if you only play for 30 minutes.
  6. Start building your stamina *before* the gig.
  7. Start shifting your bedtime *before* the gig. Not fun to fall asleep in the third set, less fun for the rest of the band, particularly not fun for the audience.
  8. It's not what you play, it's who you play with.
  9. Thank the people who come to see you.
  10. Tip your waitstaff.
  11. Thank you, and good night!

1 comment:

Eric said...

I had absolutely every intent to be there Sunday night.

And the weekend sorta exploded, and the last thing I wanted to be around was a lot of music.

So, I'll catch you guys - sorry I missed the first one!