Monday, August 13, 2007

Farewell

No, not me, silly. Karl. Karl Rove. The Man Who Sold The Iraq War To America.

I'm sure there will be an avalanche of articles both positive and negative about the man, but I will just say this: we are one step closer to having evil out of the executive branch of government.

When I say "evil" I do not mean it in the mythic sense, but in the sense of acting both for personal gain regardless of the cost and regardless of the method. If you think that we live in a toxic political environment, Karl has contributed a considerable amount to that state in the various political campaigns he has run.

I, for one, hope the man retires and we never have to see or hear from him again.

2 comments:

Greg W said...

Personally I don't think it would be inappropriate to refer to evil in the mythic sense in this case.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Evil is as evil does...