Friday, May 09, 2008

Great, More Online Gaming.

Matt (HazMatt) recently posted about the Gleemax site that's putting up Wizards of the Coast games for play online. The site is in alpha right now, so everything is free, which is an excellent price. Not sure I'd pony up $10 a month for this, but for now it's pretty cool.

Games at present are:

  • Magic Online
  • Axis and Allies
  • Vegas Showdown
  • Robo Rally
  • Acquire
  • Guillotine
  • Desktop Tower Defense
All can be played "solitaire" against the AI except for Magic, but also against other people online. I've tried Robo Rally (which seems to be almost fun sans watching people realize that they've just driven into a pit) and Vegas Showdown (which I beat handily despite having a rule wrong - you don't count closing off the endcaps unless they don't have rooms from the opposite pole covering them, so no yellow rooms on the blue section, even if they're connected). I lost ten points doing this because I'd thought you just got the points for having it covered, yet still won with 33% more points than the next closest contender. I do consider myself a decent VS player, though, and this is an Alpha product, so there you go.

All in all, pretty cool and very free. The access to the different games is a bit clunky (you have to log out to play a different game), but like I say... Free.

Check it out here.

1 comment:

Laurent said...

I play Robot Rally at http://eyeplaygames.com
It's free (up to 10 games at a time)